Announcement (May 23, 2016)
We are pleased to announce that the 2016 Case Competition was a great success! We want to congratulate our 1st place team, The Rising C-Levels, who have won a $1000 cash prize, as well as 1hr private sessions with Management Consulted, as well as a 6 week Premium Membership to Preplounge!
We would also congratulate the second and third place teams, Valence and Idea Sparklers, respectively. In addition to a $250 cash prize for the second place team, both of these teams won a 1 week Premium Membership to Preplounge.
The success of this competition depended in large part to our generous sponsors, judges and alumni. Our sponsors include: BCG, McKinsey, C1 Consulting, L.E.K., IMS Consulting Group, RA Capital, Management Consulted, Preplounge, and the Columbia Graduate Student Advisory Council.
2016 Columbia Case Competition
Columbia Graduate Consulting Club (CGCC) is pleased to announce the 2016 case competition, which will be held on Friday, May 20th, 2016 at Columbia University.
The competition provides a platform for participants to showcase their problem solving and presentation skills, and allows consulting firms to connect with aspiring consultants.
This one-day event will feature teams of graduate and professional students from top U.S. schools and consultants from premier consulting companies.
- Cash prize up to $1000, free 1 hour private sessions with ManagementConsulted and 6-week Premium Membership with PrepLounge for the winning team
- Simulation of real consulting experiences under restricted time conditions
- Good preparation for a case interview: quick thinking and rapid data synthesis
- One day event. No week long case preparation is required!
- Opportunity to network with consultants, recruiters, and other candidates
- FREE! CGCC is pleased to announce that NO application fee is required for the competition!
1st Place: $1000 Cash Prize, 1-hour private sessions with ManagementConsulted, 6-week Premium Membership to PrepLounge
2nd Place: $250 Cash Prize, 1-week Premium Membership to PrepLounge
3rd Place: 1-week Premium Membership to PrepLounge
- Open to all students who are pursuing non-business advanced degrees or in postdoctoral training programs*
- Experience in business is not required
- A team of 3-5 persons can apply
*This case competition is designed for graduate students who have no or little prior experience to finish a case in a team environment and know more about consulting. If you have prior paid full time consulting experience (eg summer internship), this event will be redundant to you and we may prioritize the spots to students who best fit the background stated above. If you have any question about the eligibility, please contact email@example.com and state 1) where you have worked, 2) role/area 3) how long and 4) whether it was a paid position or volunteer. We will respond to you as soon as possible.
Note: Because of the expected high volume of applications, not all registered teams will be selected.
(More sponsors to come)