2017 Columbia Case Competition
Columbia Graduate Consulting Club (CGCC) is pleased to announce the 2017 case competition, which will be held on Friday, May 19th, 2017 at Columbia University.
The competition provides a platform for participants to showcase their problem solving and presentation skills, and allows consulting firms to connect with aspiring consultants.
This one-day event will feature teams of graduate and professional students from top U.S. schools and consultants from premier consulting companies.
- Cash prize up to $1000, free 1-hour private sessions with ManagementConsulted and other free consulting job preparation services for the winning team
- Simulation of real consulting experiences under restricted time conditions
- Good preparation for a case interview: quick thinking and rapid data synthesis
- One day event. No week long case preparation is required!
- Opportunity to network with consultants, recruiters, and other candidates from top consulting firms and alumni who are elite professionals in the industry
1st Place: $1000 Cash Prize, 1-hour private sessions with ManagementConsulted private session and other consulting career services (TBA)
2nd Place: $500 Cash Prize, ManagementConsulted private session and other consulting career services (TBA)
3rd Place: $250 Cash Prize, ManagementConsulted private session and other consulting career services (TBA)
- Open to all students who are pursuing non-business advanced degrees or in postdoctoral training programs*
- Experience in business is not required
- Non-students are not encouraged but we review applications from recent graduates on a case-by-case scenario
- A team of 3-5 persons can apply or by individuals
*We will give priority to graduate students who have no or little prior experience to finish a case in a team environment but show strong interests in a career of consulting. We don’t screen out but also don’t encourage those who have prior paid full time consulting experience (eg summer internship). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Note: Because of the expected high volume of applications, not all registered teams will be selected. To ensure your spots, please make sure you send us your application, resume, cover letter and payment by May 7th, 11:59pm.